Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life and contentment.

I was watching the questions being popped at the doctor, queries about cancer.Curiosity kept me hooked to the program.Each minute i listened to the live voices sharing their pain to the Dr, i felt the immense pain people are going in their lives .I could not imagine how some still put a brave front.It also belittled me about my own murmurings of life.It struck me why Jesus says do not worry about tomorrow , for tomorrow has enough pain in itself.Living a day at a time, a moment at a moment is not easy but that will certainly make life easier.How hard it is to turn from the thoughts of the morrow and the future , how hard it is to live contented with what one has got when every minute you are bombarded with ads of insurance and child security plans.Human nature follows a philosophy for some time and then as one gets ravaged by the happenings around, we slip off, the old self showing its ugly head again.The old habit of anxiety, of securing all things needed for oneself and the family and thus getting caught in the swift race of life to earn more and more, a life which forgets to slow down and breathe in the beauty of each unfolding , a life which slows down or rather halts only when it arrives at the dead end or the speed breaker.

May you live all the days of your life. Swift, Jonathan.


In the morning of life, work; in the mid day give council; in the evening, pray.
http://quotationsbook.com/


And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.Abraham Lincoln:
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that the stuff life is made of.Benjamin Franklin:
http://www.wisdomquotes.com

Bertrand Russell:

Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.

adapted http://www.wisdomquotes.com



Oh my heart , be content with this day,
do not fret yourself for another day,
another day will lead you to a new way
only when each day is lived in its way.

No comments: