Monday, December 26, 2011

A little bird I am- By Madame Guyon

  1. A little bird I am,
      Shut from the fields of air,
    And in my cage I sit and sing
      To Him who placed me there;
    Well pleased a prisoner to be,
    Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee.

  1. Nought have I else to do,
      I sing the whole day long;
    And He whom most I love to please
      Doth listen to my song;
    He caught and bound my wandering wing;
    But still He bends to hear me sing.
  2. Thou hast an ear to hear
      A heart to love and bless;
    And though my notes were e'er so rude,
      Thou wouldst not hear the less;
    Because Thou knowest as they fall,
    That love, sweet love, inspires them all.
  3. My cage confines me round;
      Abroad I cannot fly;
    But though my wing is closely bound,
      My heart's at liberty;
    For prison walls cannot control
    The flight, the freedom of the soul.
  4. O it is good to soar
      These bolts and bars above!
    To Him whose purpose I adore,
      Whose providence I love;

    And in Thy mighty will to find
    The joy, the freedom of the mind.
Madame Guyon

No comments: