Sunday, May 23, 2010

Let this cup pass from me

Lord Jesus, it is not Your will that Your people should suffer. And yet, I remember so well how You took on suffering for us all. Keep me now from losing hope as I face once again my infirmity. I feel the pain and ask of God, "Let this cup pass from me."

As I kneel with You in the garden, may I welcome another day with a prayer that echoes yours: "Not my wil but Thine be done." Let me never forget how to laugh, for laughter is Your gift to me to undo depression and heal the hurt of a sickness I cannot control. Then I will gladly walk Your way, to join in Your sacrifice of love, and I will not dwell upon the pain that leads my thoughts away from You.

Take me into Your gentle embrace, for I know that whatever this day brings, You have paved my way with Your tears and redeemed me with Your victory. Amen.

No comments: