Friday, February 11, 2011

How writing strengthened Anne Frank in her hiding place


How writing strengthened Anne Frank in her hiding place
Anne Frank found strength by penning down her daily thoughts, her dreams and daily happenings  inside the hide out where she stayed with her parents and sister along with four more people for two years.The dairy describes that writing helped her to forget her painful and fearful circumstances, the uncertain events, also it describes the hopeful future she was waiting for each day.
Quote1: "Still," she writes, "what does that matter? I want to write, but more than that, I want to bring out all kinds of things that lie buried deep in my heart." Saturday, 20 June, 1942, pg. 2
Quote 19: "I want to go on living even after my death! And therefore I am grateful to God for giving me this gift, this possibility of developing myself and of writing, of expressing all that is in me. I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn." Tuesday, 4 April, 1944

No comments: