Friday, April 1, 2011

The 400 year old King James Bible, My second Bible in my Sixth Grade

The first Bible i received was a King James Bible, way back  in my sixth Grade.It was hard to understand , its language was archaic , not the spoken form of English,  but to me it seemed like the English of the Victorian or Pre-Victorian Era.One word which often used to make an impression in  the King James Bible  "verily".Others like, taketh, thou, wilt, whither, goest, etc were abundant.But yet that version had its own uniqueness, i learnt much of English through it.I committed myself as believer in Christ through this bible apart from the Gideon New Testament that i received as gift in my First Grade.

Today  King James Bible is 400yrs old
http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/arts/ann-wroe/beginning-was-sound

No comments: