Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fanny Crosby-a happy soul

Born blind, but never saw it as a handicap in her life.She believed her blindness to be a blessing from God.Was thoroughly raised in Christian Principles and had tremendous memory power from her childhood. A well known American hymn writer she wrote some of the famous hymns,which are a source of peace and comfort.

One time a preacher sympathetically remarked, "I think it is a great pity that the Master did not give you sight when He showered so many other gifts upon you." She replied quickly, "Do you know that if at birth I had been able to make one petition, it would have been that I should be born blind?" "Why?" asked the surprised clergyman. "Because when I get to heaven, the first face that shall ever gladden my sight will be that of my Savior!"
http://www.wholesomewords.org/biography/biorpcrosby.html



Oh what a happy soul I am,
Although I cannot see;
I am resolved that in this world
Contented I will be.

How many blessings I enjoy,
That other people don't;
To weep and sigh because I'm blind,
I cannot, and I won't."

No comments: