Monday, November 24, 2008

it seemed to last foreever


things gone by
things that were close to my heart
things that lie within my reach
things that seemed to endure and last
things that that lit up my eyes
things that broadened my smile
things that brought warmth to my heart
things that dwindled every despair
things that filled me with hope and joy

where are they now?
they have all gone,

things that i took for granted to lost
alas' everything has moved away

i long for then now
but they are no more
my heart aches
but i see no solace

if only i had grasped those moments
moments that fleeted away...

i console myself '
look around myself ,introspect
this day is not going to come back
let me be happy and contended
for in as much as i have lost
i have gained something else
but both cannot be placed on same scales



“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: