Saturday, July 2, 2011

David Livingstone letter deciphered at last , I bow to the Divine hand that chastens me

David Livingstone letter deciphered at last


David Livingstone , the well known missionary , traveller and Explorer died in a quite an unknown death.
He has been credited with great travel discoveries, discovery of victoria falls, river Nile, Lake Nyasa, rivr Zambesi.He did pioneering medical work for his African brothers and lived his life dedicated for their service.He was also a well known abolitionist.Together with his wife, Mary Moffat , he lived to see his brothers of Africa lifted up.

He faced many odds , working in the Malaria torn, sleeping sickness infested jungles.He lost his wife in Africa after an illness of few days and it at that time that he felt the most lowest in his life.This man who had faced many dangers and odds , wept like a child.
He says" for the first time in my life iam willing to die.This heavy stroke quite takes the heart out of me......I try to bend to the blow as from our heavenly Father.......I shall do my duty.....I bow to the Divine hand that chastens me .God grant that I may learn the Lesson He means to teach!."

Back home, Livingstone's supporters were going mad with worry. No one had heard from him in years, and as Livingstone recovered, search parties set out into the interior to discover his fate. He was eventually located near the eastern shore of the massive Lake Tanganyika by journalist Henry Morton Stanley, whose memorable quip, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?" immortalized their encounter.

No comments: