Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance

"The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance, and of my cup; thou maintainest my lot.  The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage."
Psalm 16: 5, 6
King James Version

"And the Lord gave them rest round about;... the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand" (Joshua 21:44).
 
"He will beautify the meek with victory" (Ps. 149:4).

From pole to pole let others roam,
And search in vain for bliss;
My soul is satisfied at home,
The Lord my portion is.

2. Jesus, who on his glorious throne
Rules heav'n and earth and sea;
Is pleased to claim me for his own,
And give himself to me.
3. His person fixes all my love,
His blood removes my fear;
And while he pleads for me above,
His arm preserves me here.
4. His word of promise is my food,
His Spirit is my guide;
Thus daily is my strength renewed
And all my wants supplied.

5. For him I count as gain each loss,
Disgrace, for him, renown;
Well may I glory in his cross,
While he prepares my crown!

No comments: