Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LEO TOLSTOY'S BEAUTIFUL QUOTES ON LOVE


Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love...

The hero of my tale, whom I love with all the power of my soul, whom I have tried to portray in all his beauty, who has been, is, and will be beautiful, is Truth.

Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly.

To love life is to love God. Harder and more blessed than all else is to love this life in one's sufferings, in undeserved sufferings.

Then I remembered the first lesson God had set me: "Learn what dwells in man." And I understood that in man dwells Love! I was glad that God had already begun to show me what He had promised, and I smiled for the first time.

I have now understood that though it seems to men that they live by care for themselves, in truth it is love alone by which they live. He who has love, is in God, and God is in him, for God is love

No comments: