Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a basic level of comfort

"The enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness...therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate."
Psalm 143: 3, 4
My Spirit felt overwhelmed to watch  Japan shattered, i feel despondent reading cases of Children at risk, abused,
at the same time feel grateful for whatsoever security  and a basic level of comfort that i enjoy in this developing part of the world with vast magnitude of disparity between the rich and poor.
I feel despondent to look at the lives of millionaires and billionaires , evading taxes ,who on their part can contribute so much to uplift the downtrodden.
But , i know out of extravagant lifestyle ,spills-forth very little charity.
But on my part i will continue to reshape small islands of poverty , illiteracy, and malnourishment thro the limited means available to me.

No comments: