Thursday, July 29, 2010

My lost mornings ..........

Every Thought becomes the action,
every action becomes a habit,
every habit becomes behavior,
every behavior forms an individual character.
How true is this'.

An action repeated continuously for atleast 21 days , forms itself into an habit.
How hard it is for each one of us , to change our habits.
How so many times a pledge is taken, unless it is put into action through motivation, it fails to transform itself to the next step.

Several years back, while in my grandma's place, i used to watch my grandma getting up before dawn, to milk the cows.From the fresh milk, i got my best hot coffee.
She was old, tall and bony but this was her routine, never to change , until her bones refused to co-operate with her.
She strictly adhered to several rituals and followed them every morning.
I would ask her what motivates her to go about this errand every morning, she would reply" its simply the joy of doing things in their right time, and seeing the results".

I certainly lack in many disciplines , and one of them is giving a poor start for my day.I struggle to take myself off my bed.But once out, when i listen to the birds chirping and the quiet morning breeze, if feel, for the lost time.

Its because , while i my college days , i learnt to work late in nights, burning the midnight oil, in between gazing the stars, figuring out the constellations.As a researcher, the midnight hour seemed to stretch long enough , to give sufficient quiet time to do my work.But now i know , its the mornings , which are more valuable.
May i be able to use them purposefully.

No comments: