Tuesday, July 13, 2010

never ask "why?"

There are lots of "why" type questions that i often ask myself and to God, but very seldom do i get answers for them.Most times, when i see whats happening in lives of some of the good people i know, i can't help myself from asking "why " type questions.

Sometimes God's ways seem very perplexing, very confusing, His workings are not at all understood.I asked some veterans of faith and they answered me " it is better to thank God for everything He gives us, good or bad" . Just as i ask "why 's " to my dad, i sometimes say to myself , it is in same manner , iam asking to my father God.Habakkuk, asked, Nehemiah reminded God about the good works he carried out,Jonah asked.But too much dwelling on why's, seems really dangerous, it can sow seeds of doubt on God's sovereignty and also make us to falter from His tracks.
I have been trying not to ask why, instead praise Him.I sure have plenty of reasons to praise God, but looking at the lives of some of my close ones, and the injustice prevailing ,
"why" , pops up now and then.

No comments: