Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Neem tree

Though i don't live in a very green place, nor is my part of country blessed with with a pleasant climate, which i really long to prevail, yet my house has in front of two gigantic trees , they almost loom into the sky, their wide canopy covers everything below, giving us a cool shade, a haven to birds, and especially their greenness is something which is very attracting to me.Too many attempts by others to cut it down, every time we intervened, and today as i call it, when i see it from a distance " our patriarch"..Its been there for more than a decade and i hope to see it for a long long time.
The tree seems to echo to me , some kind of strength, some kind of dignity in its gigantic nature, it stands there quite composed, providing joy to us .I love to look at it every morning, hears the birds sing their songs, and the swaying branches dancing to their songs.This is our mini effort to save two trees, when we see many a tree falling down under the axe.

No comments: